Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

I had my first snow ride on Dec. 30th!  All last year I read posts of other bloggers going for rides in the snow - the pictures were so pretty and peaceful looking - and I wanted to do that to.

My big ride lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of walking and standing...but we did it!  My sweet husband tooks pictures and hand walked Riva over the icy gravel to get to the snow.  I have this horrible image in my mind of Riva slipping and injuring herself - never mind that she navigates quite fine on her own out in the pasture every day.

 

Riva seemed a bit confused of why we were out in the snow, but handled it just fine. 
 
 
 
I felt very accomplished...until I read Carly's post of poorwomanshowing about skiing with her horse! Maybe in a few years :)
 
Happy New Year everyone!
 
 
 


 
 

12 comments:

Karen said...

Happy new year Kelly! I love riding in the snow, especially when it is kind of deep. Makes the trot really fun and bouncy! Our snow has turned into a gross ice-like annoyance here. boo.

Lisa said...

Riva looks lovely in the snow!!

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

I read that post too and thought ohhh if only I could do that with Gatsby, I'd love to just get on him in the snow! Love the pictures you to really do compliment each other x

Hillary said...

You guys look so fancy in the snow! Great contrast! Happy New Year!

Martine said...

It looks so pretty! I've never ridden in snow either :)
Happy New Year!

Carly said...

Hey, you gotta start somewhere! You guys look great!

Malin said...

Love those pics. I can just imagine how you must have felt, another goal met!! Going on this journey with you, it is great to see you spread you wings like this. :)

Bakersfield Dressage said...

Fun! I've only ridden in the snow a few times, but it was fun! It doesn't snow in this part of California so if I want to do it again, I'll have to travel a bit. :0)

Lauren said...

Jealous you have snow to ride in! We'll get maybe a dusting tonight but not enough to be pretty and take pictures. Then again I don't miss the snow in MA so maybe I should just be happy it's warm here :)

Boss Mare Eventing said...

Happy New Year! I love riding in the snow :)

Karley said...

Love the snow!!!

Happy New Year! :)

Achieve1dream said...

Yay! I had my first snow ride on Chrome this year too! And then we go get one upped by someone skiing behind their horse. Darn! LOL!

I love the pictures! You two look great in the snow. I'm glad you had fun!