Friday, September 28, 2012

We've Already Won (remind me of that after the show!)

Last night was a brief dressage school in the indoor - test run thru - scrub down the mare - load up the trailer.  Thank you to awesome horse hubby for cleaning my saddle and bridle!  He makes all the ladies at our barn think their spouses/boyfriends are slackers :)

Riva was pretty good - still fighting that right lead canter...  Halts and centerlines were spot on - left lead canter was nice - medium walk and free walk I was very happy with.  Barn owner's daughter was watching when I ran thru my test.  I rode by shaking my head and saying that at least our walk work was good.  Husband told me later last night that BO's daughter told him that I have become a different rider this year.  She said she remembers my previous trainer getting after me to be more aggressive - growl at Riva when she was naughty, kick like a pony clubber, ride like I mean it - all things that I struggled with last year.  Well - not anymore!  I can growl, pony club kick, ride like I mean it now!  But, it is always nice to hear someone notices.

 
Impatiently waiting for quitting time - jump in the truck and head to the barn.  Quick dressage school at the show grounds this evening.  Then off to eat Mexican food and drink margaritas with my super husband.  I show on Saturday at 12:05pm - excited!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck and have fun!!!!

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Good luck!!

Austen said...

Whoo! I'm excited to see you tonight/tomorrow! We're on our way down in the next hour. I can't wait!

My ride times are all early (yay! Done by noon!), so if I'm too busy running around like an idiot: GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!

Lisa said...

Best of luck! I'm showing this weekend too - with almost the exact same issues and you and your mare.

Looking forward to the Monday reflections!

Karley said...

Go girl go girl go girl!!! You are going to do awesome!

Bakersfield Dressage said...

Best of luck to you!

Adventures of the Super Ponies said...

This is such an exciting time. She is still young enough to have boundless energy but you can really push a five year old. The next few years are going to be amazing. You get to see what she can do with her big girl pants :)

Carol said...

Sounds like a fun weekend - riding, competing,Mexican food and margaritas - perfection!
I'm looking forward to hearing how you do.

Hillary said...

Yay! Cant wait to hear how awesome you did!

Achieve1dream said...

Good luck!! You sure know how to spend pre-show time. Hehe! Now I want Mexican food hehe.