Sunday, November 27, 2011

Belated Thanksgiving Post

Fall, which it my absolute favorite time of the year, was a hard season for our family this year.  Dealing with the lose of Hennessy has been tougher than I could have imagined.  Thru it all, though, we learned how caring the horse community is.  Total strangers offered comfort thru kind words to Alexis and myself and it was amazing. 

When Hennessy was laid to rest, my husband cut his tail and gave it to our barn owner's daughter, at her request.  Everyone at our barn pitched in and had this made to give Alexis. 


Hennessy's name is engraved on the silver portion of the necklace.  Alexis was home on Friday and had came to the barn to watch my lesson.  Our barn owner gave it to Lex  - she was pretty emotional.  Lovely gift and she will always have a part of Henny.

I am thankful for compassionate friends, family, and 'strangers' that I may never get the chance to meet.  I am blessed!

5 comments:

Emme said...

How beautiful; such a fitting tribute to a perfect relationship between human and equine. The way you handled this will always be in my heart and mind as we all have to face these decisions as some time with our Bff's (best furry friends). It is the price we pay for the value of such a relationship is so great. <3

Kate said...

That is beautiful. Where did they get it from? I still have a lock of tail hair from my BO's horse who was put down over the summer and I haven't done anything with it yet.

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

That is gorgeous...who made it? I'd love the link...

Achieve1dream said...

Oh wow that is beautiful and so thoughtful of them to do that for her. I hope time is healing her pain. It is so tough to lose them.

SprinklerBandit said...

Per your comment on my blog: Your time is coming. ;-) It's really not all that bad as long as you don't break anything.

Or even if you do.

I would know.